Monday, August 20, 2012

Memories of a very sweet boy....

It's been a little over a year since my beloved Finley lost his battle with bone cancer. He was my first dog and I swear we were souls of the same heart. He was a sweet, bossy and loving golden retriever, who never left my side in anything.

I'm crying as I write this, because I miss him so much. I still have his brother, Jakey who is sitting at my feet. I thought it would get easier as time passed, but it hasn't. My daughter thought we should seek out a pet loss counselor to see if they can help.

I lost a part of myself that day I said goodbye as I held him at the vet's office. I sat with him for awhile after with him in my arms. I keep his box on my nightstand with his pawprint and his baby.

Maybe it will get better someday, I don't know but I do know that after Jakey goes to heaven to meet Finley that I won't have another dog. This is too painful.

Here is my beautiful boy...

Hug your babies today and kiss them on their sweet cheeks. I love you Finley.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. It was 4 years July 6 that we lost our first Yorkie, Ringo to liver cancer. He was a very special dog and I adored him. We now have Georgie, another wonderful Yorkie but I still miss Ringo and tell Georgie about the good dog that came first. I wish I could help but I can understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sharon, I am so sorry that the pain is so deep. Please remember that You gave Finley a wonderful home and he wouldn't want you to be so sad. Altho....I know it is. You and he had many happy moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete