Saturday, May 5, 2012

My new blog

Hi everyone, I'm Sharon Crescent and this is my personal blog. My thread business, Crescent Colours has it's own blog if you click here

I've recently jumped back into needlepointing and I'm having a fabulous time!  My dear old eyes can't see the linen anymore, so I've set my cross stitching aside for the time being.

My first project back into the fray is a little white bunny ornament by Jody Designs. Mine has a teal background and she's just darling. Sandy at Peacock Alley Needlepoint made a little stitch guide and pulled fibers for me, even sent it tacked onto bars! I'm sharing a picture below of the canvas and the fibers. YUMMY!




Some people don't understand that I like to use other fibers than those that my company dyes. I think that's what draws me to needlepoint. All of the sparkly, fun fibers and WOOLS (I love everything wool, including wool applique) that are used are just fun. All of the textures of the different stitches gives the canvas so much personality.

Well, I'm about to get stitching...Happy Cinco de Mayo!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Sharon, enjoyed your blog! Will stay tuned!

    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete